All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

No one hurt in Nashua fire officials say was caused by candle


October 12. 2013 9:22PM


NASHUA — Fire officials credit a smoke detector with rousing people from their burning home on Dale Street early Saturday morning.

And they said a candle left burning when the residents went to sleep is the apparent cause of the fire.

When firefighters arrived at the two-story duplex at 6 Dale St. around 1:30 a.m., a second-story bedroom was in flames and the residents had all evacuated the home.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but there was smoke and water damage.


Fires Nashua


More Headlines

Aggregation