All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


No one hurt in Nashua fire officials say was caused by candle


NASHUA — Fire officials credit a smoke detector with rousing people from their burning home on Dale Street early Saturday morning.

And they said a candle left burning when the residents went to sleep is the apparent cause of the fire.

When firefighters arrived at the two-story duplex at 6 Dale St. around 1:30 a.m., a second-story bedroom was in flames and the residents had all evacuated the home.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but there was smoke and water damage.

.

Post or View Comments 


NH Maple Weekend NH Maple Weekend
All Weekend

Sap Gathering Contest Sap Gathering Contest
Saturday, 10 a.m.

45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show 45th Annual NH Camping and RV Show
Friday, 1-8 p.m.,
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.,
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Ales for Tails Ales for Tails
Sunday, 1-5 p.m.