No one hurt in Nashua fire officials say was caused by candle
October 12. 2013 9:22PM
NASHUA — Fire officials credit a smoke detector with rousing people from their burning home on Dale Street early Saturday morning.
And they said a candle left burning when the residents went to sleep is the apparent cause of the fire.
When firefighters arrived at the two-story duplex at 6 Dale St. around 1:30 a.m., a second-story bedroom was in flames and the residents had all evacuated the home.
Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but there was smoke and water damage.