action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

October 12. 2013 9:22PM

No one hurt in Nashua fire officials say was caused by candle

NASHUA — Fire officials credit a smoke detector with rousing people from their burning home on Dale Street early Saturday morning.

And they said a candle left burning when the residents went to sleep is the apparent cause of the fire.

When firefighters arrived at the two-story duplex at 6 Dale St. around 1:30 a.m., a second-story bedroom was in flames and the residents had all evacuated the home.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the fire quickly, but there was smoke and water damage.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events