Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. woman 'lucky to be alive' after ATV crash in Jericho
Alaina Grady, 35, of Abington, Mass. was riding on Brook Road Trail when she failed to take a curve and rolled over a 30-foot embankment, barely avoiding smashing into a tree.
Grady's boyfriend, who was also riding the trail, called for help. Members of the Berlin fire and police departments and other rescue workers responded. They removed the woman from the scene and took her to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment.
Investigators say preliminary indications are tha tunreasonable speed was the "leading cause" of the crash. Grady was wearing a helmet and officers said alcohol was not a factor.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
Democratic House Speaker Norelli to retire
'He is risen': 'As he said'