Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. woman 'lucky to be alive' after ATV crash in Jericho
Alaina Grady, 35, of Abington, Mass. was riding on Brook Road Trail when she failed to take a curve and rolled over a 30-foot embankment, barely avoiding smashing into a tree.
Grady's boyfriend, who was also riding the trail, called for help. Members of the Berlin fire and police departments and other rescue workers responded. They removed the woman from the scene and took her to Androscoggin Valley Hospital for treatment.
Investigators say preliminary indications are tha tunreasonable speed was the "leading cause" of the crash. Grady was wearing a helmet and officers said alcohol was not a factor.
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 9
- Mont Vernon picks Milford officer as next police chief - 1
- Conway is heartened by word of her letter - 0
- Missing Conway teenager remains in 'grave' danger - 8
- Officials will share new information about missing Conway teen - 1
- Fire scene closes Goffstown's Paige Hill Road - 0
- Newton boy badly hurt when struck by SUV while walking - 0
- Body found floating in Sagamore Creek identified - 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 7
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
NH health officials discover listeria contamination in ready-made chicken salad, recall ordered
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072