Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man arrested trying to fence jewelry stolen in Wilmot; $100k in stolen items recovered
A Webster woman was arrested as an accomplice in the case. State Police say the attempt to sell stolen goods began to unravel when Richard R. Fortier Jr., 24, of Keene approached a jeweler about buying the goods. The jeweler made an appointment for the next day and called police, who were on hand to greet the suspects on their arrival.
Concord and state police arrested Fortier at the jewelry store and charged him with five counts of receiving stolen property.
His companion, Stephanie C. Vary, 25, of Webster, was also arrested at the store and charged with with liability for the criminal conduct of another.
Police later raided the hotel room Fortier and Vary had rented in the area, and said they found more jewelry with an estimated value of between $75,000 and $100,000, along with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Fortier was ordered held on $100,000 bail, while bail for Vary was seta t $25,000.
They are being held at the Merrimack County jail and face arraignment Tuesday in Concord District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483