Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man arrested trying to fence jewelry stolen in Wilmot; $100k in stolen items recovered
A Webster woman was arrested as an accomplice in the case. State Police say the attempt to sell stolen goods began to unravel when Richard R. Fortier Jr., 24, of Keene approached a jeweler about buying the goods. The jeweler made an appointment for the next day and called police, who were on hand to greet the suspects on their arrival.
Concord and state police arrested Fortier at the jewelry store and charged him with five counts of receiving stolen property.
His companion, Stephanie C. Vary, 25, of Webster, was also arrested at the store and charged with with liability for the criminal conduct of another.
Police later raided the hotel room Fortier and Vary had rented in the area, and said they found more jewelry with an estimated value of between $75,000 and $100,000, along with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Fortier was ordered held on $100,000 bail, while bail for Vary was seta t $25,000.
They are being held at the Merrimack County jail and face arraignment Tuesday in Concord District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424