Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man arrested trying to fence jewelry stolen in Wilmot; $100k in stolen items recovered
A Webster woman was arrested as an accomplice in the case. State Police say the attempt to sell stolen goods began to unravel when Richard R. Fortier Jr., 24, of Keene approached a jeweler about buying the goods. The jeweler made an appointment for the next day and called police, who were on hand to greet the suspects on their arrival.
Concord and state police arrested Fortier at the jewelry store and charged him with five counts of receiving stolen property.
His companion, Stephanie C. Vary, 25, of Webster, was also arrested at the store and charged with with liability for the criminal conduct of another.
Police later raided the hotel room Fortier and Vary had rented in the area, and said they found more jewelry with an estimated value of between $75,000 and $100,000, along with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Fortier was ordered held on $100,000 bail, while bail for Vary was seta t $25,000.
They are being held at the Merrimack County jail and face arraignment Tuesday in Concord District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483