Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man arrested trying to fence jewelry stolen in Wilmot; $100k in stolen items recovered
A Webster woman was arrested as an accomplice in the case. State Police say the attempt to sell stolen goods began to unravel when Richard R. Fortier Jr., 24, of Keene approached a jeweler about buying the goods. The jeweler made an appointment for the next day and called police, who were on hand to greet the suspects on their arrival.
Concord and state police arrested Fortier at the jewelry store and charged him with five counts of receiving stolen property.
His companion, Stephanie C. Vary, 25, of Webster, was also arrested at the store and charged with with liability for the criminal conduct of another.
Police later raided the hotel room Fortier and Vary had rented in the area, and said they found more jewelry with an estimated value of between $75,000 and $100,000, along with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Fortier was ordered held on $100,000 bail, while bail for Vary was seta t $25,000.
They are being held at the Merrimack County jail and face arraignment Tuesday in Concord District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief