Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Man arrested trying to fence jewelry stolen in Wilmot; $100k in stolen items recovered
A Webster woman was arrested as an accomplice in the case. State Police say the attempt to sell stolen goods began to unravel when Richard R. Fortier Jr., 24, of Keene approached a jeweler about buying the goods. The jeweler made an appointment for the next day and called police, who were on hand to greet the suspects on their arrival.
Concord and state police arrested Fortier at the jewelry store and charged him with five counts of receiving stolen property.
His companion, Stephanie C. Vary, 25, of Webster, was also arrested at the store and charged with with liability for the criminal conduct of another.
Police later raided the hotel room Fortier and Vary had rented in the area, and said they found more jewelry with an estimated value of between $75,000 and $100,000, along with drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Fortier was ordered held on $100,000 bail, while bail for Vary was seta t $25,000.
They are being held at the Merrimack County jail and face arraignment Tuesday in Concord District Court.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 2
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Protecting police from liability more important than rights of man wrongly accused of rape - 11
- Man accused of blocking ambulance at Derry house fire - 5
- Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man misses court date while in jail - 0
- Former youth baseball coach convicted a second time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Charles Krauthammer: How to handle Putin
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity
- Total Votes: 917