Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Celts land in Manchester on Saturday
But the Red Sox game isn’t stopping Granite State fans from flocking to Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester to watch the rebuilding Boston Celtics play a pre-season game.
Celtics fans will be watching a team that was dismantled during the off-season in hopes of building a new era.
The Celtics still have All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo, who is inactive. Rondo is still recovering from knee surgery. Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, Jordan Crawford, Courtney Lee and Jeff Green are the other veterans back from last year’s team.
Coach Doc Rivers departed for the Los Angeles Clippers and Boston was compensated with an unprotected 2015 first-round pick.
The Celtics, who face the Philadelphia 76ers in Delaware tonight, are 0-2 in the pre-season.
On Monday in Boston, the Celtics lost 97-89 to the Toronto Raptors. On Wednesday at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, R.I., the Celtics erased a 23-point second-half deficit and took a 102-101 lead on a lay-up from undrafted rookie free agent Phil Pressey with 22 seconds left. Pressey led the Celtics with 13 points. The Knicks pulled out the win when Tim Hardaway Jr. sank a jumper with eight seconds left for the 103-102 win.
He and Bradley each scored 12 points and were instrumental during Boston’s 20-2 fourth-period run leading up to Pressey’s lay-up. Center Vitor Faverani also contributed 11 points. Faverani, from Brazil, who signed with Boston in July, hit a three-point shot and dunked twice, including a one-hander over Josh Powell of New York in the first half.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan