NH foliage watchers have options despite campgrounds closed by feds
The U.S. Forest Service has directed campgrounds on federal lands to close during the federal government shutdown.
And for a list of state parks, visit www.nhstateparks.org.
• Hiking trails and roadside pull-offs.
• Kancamagus Highway.
• Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC): The AMC huts, AMC's Joe Dodge Lodge, AMC's Pinkham Notch Visitor Center, AMC's Highland Center and Cardigan Lodge.
• Welcome centers and rest rooms operated by the state, chambers of commerce or other private entities.
• Forest Service roads, except for Tripoli Road and Zealand.
• The New England Trail.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.