Footrace for the Fallen sets off in Manchester Sunday
The new course, which begins at the Michael L. Briggs Public Safety Building, is a flat and fast course, attractive to runners of all levels. This newly certified 5K race will start at MPD headquarters, pass the Valley Street Jail and take runners past the old Manchester Police Department headquarters on Chestnut Street as they head for the finish line inside Gill Stadium.
In 2011, race organizers began working with John Mortimer and Millennium Running, and Footrace for the Fallen now uses Millennium Running for registration, timing and course management.
Bathrooms are located inside the gate at Gill Stadium, on either side of the grandstands, and there will also be portable toilets in the visitor parking lot at the Manchester Police Department.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0