Heroes to be honored in Plaistow
People will plant up to 6,800 flags, representing the lives of every serviceman and woman who have died since the war on terror began.
The planting will take place at church, 90 Newton Road, at 10 a.m.
The Patriot Guard will be there as well as Major Gen. Bill Reddel, adjutant general, New Hampshire National Guard, as the guest speaker.
KINGSTON — The Kingston Veterans Club will be hosting its annual Oktoberfest on Oct. 12.
Join the veterans for authentic German food such as bratwurst, sauerkraut, spaetzle, schnitzel and more.
Post 27 events
LONDONDERRY — American Legion Post 27, 6 Sargent Road, is holding several events in October.
Oct. 14, general meeting at 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 19, comedy night and dinner at 7 p.m. There will also be raffles, a 50/50 and a silent auction.
Oct. 26, cornhole tournament at 11 a.m. Two person teams at $10 per player. Raffles, 50/50 and silent auction.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2013 Maurice McQuillen Service to Fellow New Hampshire Veterans Award.
The deadline for submissions is Oct. 31.
Sweeney Post events
Cover charge is $5.
On Sunday, the monthly breakfast is sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary.
A Big Band Bash Tuesday with the Freese Brothers Swing Orchestra is from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Admission is free.
Call 623-9145 or go to www.sweeneypost.org.
MANCHESTER — Daniel K Poling Chapter 992 Vietnam Veterans of America is planning a visit Oct. 17 to the Currier Museum to view the Vietnam photo display.
Chapter members can meet for lunch at Subway, 881 Hanover St. (East Side Plaza), at 11:30 a.m.
Benefit set for Portsmouth VFW post
PORTSMOUTH — The Nam Knights Motorcycle Club will hold a fall gathering benefit from 6 to 10 p.m. on Saturday at the Emerson Hovey VFW Post 168, 238 Deer St.
There will be 60 and 70s music, food, snacks and raffles. The cost is $20, $30 per couple. RSVP 508-889-3192..
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'