Greenfield church to shut down its service on Sunday
Members of GCC are putting their faith into action by canceling their regular Sunday service at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, 1 Verney Drive, to practice purposeful acts of service throughout their community.
The weekend will begin with a bake sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to raise money for the various Faith in Action projects. The bake sale will be held at Delay’s Harvester Market in the center of the village.
On Sunday, participants will gather at the Greenfield Covenant Church’s Ministry Center at 12 Depot Drive at 9 a.m. for a short session of prayer and singing; and the group will then disburse to work on the projects, which include improving the playground and nature trail at Greenfield Elementary School and painting projects at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center.
“We’re excited about how our congregation has rallied to support this special Sunday of service to our community. The people who have signed up for the various projects obviously see the value of what we are doing and want to help. We invite everyone to join us,” says GCC’s pastor, the Rev. Dr. Dan Osgood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- St. Margaret of Scotland in Conway to celebrate the Kirkin' of the Tartan - 0
- Local author to talk about soul, spirituality - 0
- Church of Our Saviour to host harp concert following Christmas fair - 0
- Keene church to host talk on fair pay - 0
- Historic bell to ring again at Manchester church - 0
- Right Rev. Mark Dyer, Episcopal bishop and Manchester native, dies at 84 - 0
- Peterborough approves plans for construction of Buddhist temple - 0
- Vendors cry foul as Vatican reins in papal blessings sales - 0
- Grace Ministries to host its annual Christmas Tea - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record