Greenfield church to shut down its service on Sunday
Members of GCC are putting their faith into action by canceling their regular Sunday service at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, 1 Verney Drive, to practice purposeful acts of service throughout their community.
The weekend will begin with a bake sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to raise money for the various Faith in Action projects. The bake sale will be held at Delay’s Harvester Market in the center of the village.
On Sunday, participants will gather at the Greenfield Covenant Church’s Ministry Center at 12 Depot Drive at 9 a.m. for a short session of prayer and singing; and the group will then disburse to work on the projects, which include improving the playground and nature trail at Greenfield Elementary School and painting projects at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center.
“We’re excited about how our congregation has rallied to support this special Sunday of service to our community. The people who have signed up for the various projects obviously see the value of what we are doing and want to help. We invite everyone to join us,” says GCC’s pastor, the Rev. Dr. Dan Osgood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
- NH man's wife flies to Rome, meets Pope Francis after giving birth on death row in Sudan - 2
- Manchester postpones Fourth of July celebration - 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate