Principal says tag is out at Nashua school
Principal Patricia Beaulieu posted an announcement on the school website explaining that "numerous injuries" led school administrators to talk to students about schoolyard rules, which include a ban on tag. A broader community conversation about kids, play and safety erupted when kids brought the anti-tag message home to their parents.
"This isn't unique to Nashua," said Chisholm who added that the public needs to know about the pileup of rules for kids and kids' play. "Everything is structured. Kids don't have a chance to go off and be kids anymore," he said.
Still, he questioned the decision to ban tag for all kids forever.
"What kind of kids will we end up with if all we give them are video games and television?"
"If kids are being overly aggressive, can't they be taken out of the game?" he asked.
However, PTO members said tag has been banned at Charlotte Ave. for a while, and it's only an issue now because some parents have decided to make it an issue.
"I understand that the school is worried about lawsuits and I really don't have an answer," he said. "Maybe parents need to sign a waiver of liability."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
- Music minister Grinnell leaving First Congregational Church - 0
- Bishop makes changes to Diocesan leadership structure - 0
- Meriam Yehya Ibrahim, children being held again in Sudan - 0
- Colebrook shrine known for 'Blessing of the Bikes' closing July 1 - 1
- Reports say Sudan to release sister-in-law of NH man - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax