Principal says tag is out at Nashua school
Principal Patricia Beaulieu posted an announcement on the school website explaining that "numerous injuries" led school administrators to talk to students about schoolyard rules, which include a ban on tag. A broader community conversation about kids, play and safety erupted when kids brought the anti-tag message home to their parents.
"This isn't unique to Nashua," said Chisholm who added that the public needs to know about the pileup of rules for kids and kids' play. "Everything is structured. Kids don't have a chance to go off and be kids anymore," he said.
Still, he questioned the decision to ban tag for all kids forever.
"What kind of kids will we end up with if all we give them are video games and television?"
"If kids are being overly aggressive, can't they be taken out of the game?" he asked.
However, PTO members said tag has been banned at Charlotte Ave. for a while, and it's only an issue now because some parents have decided to make it an issue.
"I understand that the school is worried about lawsuits and I really don't have an answer," he said. "Maybe parents need to sign a waiver of liability."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383