All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Crime

Manchester teen charged with assaulting another prisoner in Valley Street Jail

October 09. 2013 9:48PM

MANCHESTER — A city teen Wednesday was about to be released on bail for armed robbery and burglary charges when a new felony charge was filed against him.

Adrien Stillwell, 18, of 190 Spruce St., was arraigned Wednesday in Circuit Court on a charge of assault by prisoner that alleges he assaulted another prisoner at the Valley Street Jail April 6.

Stillwell, who had been held since his arrest in January in connection with a break-in at a Lake Avenue apartment and the subsequent robbery and beating of a pizza delivery man, said he was about to be released from the Valley Street Jail on $2,000 cash/surety bail on those charges when he was arrested on the assault charge.

“This is five months ago,” complained Stillwell, who said he’s been in jail for nine months already on the felony charges now pending in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.

Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier requested $1,000 cash/surety bail on the new charge, but Michael set bail at $1,000 personal recognizance, with conditions that include no contact with the alleged victim, Tyler Murray.

No plea can be made to a felony in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for Oct. 23.

More trouble

A bail revocation hearing was set Thursday morning in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for James Trott, 22, of 312 Spruce St., who was charged Tuesday with a misdemeanor of criminal threatening.

Because Trott was out on bail on a Sept. 19 charge of possession of a controlled drug, with conditions barring him from committing a new crime, police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke Trott’s bail on the drug charge and have him held until trial.

Trott had been scheduled for arraignment Friday on the original charge, so he was arraigned on that charge, as well as the new criminal threatening charge Wednesday in Circuit Court.

Trial was set Nov. 6 on both charges, so if Trott’s bail is revoked on the initial charge, bail on the new charge would be moot.

Another stalking charge

A Derry man, who was arraigned Monday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on two stalking charges, was arraigned Wednesday on a third charge.

The new charge alleges Scott Davis, 28, of 6 Oak St., stalked the woman Sept. 26. The two charges Monday referred to contact Sept. 21 and Oct. 4. Davis wanted to know why the new charge wasn’t brought Monday with the others. Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said likely a different police officer took the Sept. 26 complaint.

The complaints are felonies because Davis was convicted of stalking in 2009. A police prosecutor said Davis faces a burglary charge involving the same alleged victim in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.

Bail had been set at $20,000 cash/surety Monday and no additional bail was set on the new charge. A probable cause hearing on the new felony will be also be Oct. 21.

Assaulting parents?

Bail was set at $1,000 cash/surety Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Merissa Willey, 19, of 35 Clinton St., who pleaded innocent to two misdemeanor charges of simple assault.

Willey is accused of assaulting her parents, who had come to her residence to check on her well being. Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said Willey was convicted of a simple assault violation March 27, 2012, in Hooksett.

Preventive detention

Anthony Tuttle, 32, who listed the homeless shelter as his address, was arraigned Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on felony charges of attempted aggravated felonious sexual assault and kidnapping and misdemeanors of criminal threatening and simple assault.

Tuttle had also failed to appear for arraignment on two park curfew violations from June and an April criminal trespass violation.

Judge Gregory Michael asked Tuttle, who said he is unemployed, who helps him out. Tuttle said that was his ex-girlfriend.

“I was living with her,” he told Michael.

A probable cause hearing on the felony charges was set for Oct. 23 and trial on the misdemeanors and violations was set for Nov. 6. Police prosecutors filed a preventative detention motion, which was scheduled for a hearing Thursday, to determine whether Tuttle can be released safely. The judge told Tuttle: “You also threatened to kill yourself if the woman left you.”

As he left the courtroom, Tuttle smacked the railing of the jury box hard.

Crime, law and justice Manchester

More Headlines