Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former Congressman Chuck Douglas' firm representing family of woman shot by state police
"The circumstances are troubling, and it's appropriate for her family to be looking for answers," Lehmann said. He said his firm is interested in seeing any photo, video or audio recordings from the shooting or its aftermath.
The lawyer said it's too early to say what the family will do, but he acknowledged that a wrongful death lawsuit could be a possibility. Douglas said the Attorney General's Office will have to complete its investigation before any decision is made.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence family released a statement through the Douglas-Lehmann law office on Tuesday.
"We feel it is in the best interest of all to hold a private celebration of Wendy's life and a private wake for the surviving members of our family and our personal friends. As Wendy's death was a tragedy and awakened the emotions of even those who did not know her, we feel it is our responsibility to help keep the peace," the statement reads.
"Please only pursue truth and justice with the decency and respect that we know Wendy deserves and would have wanted," the statement reads.
Lawrence's body remains in a morgue, and the family is working on ensuring a proper burial for her, Lehmann said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness