Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Former Congressman Chuck Douglas' firm representing family of woman shot by state police
"The circumstances are troubling, and it's appropriate for her family to be looking for answers," Lehmann said. He said his firm is interested in seeing any photo, video or audio recordings from the shooting or its aftermath.
The lawyer said it's too early to say what the family will do, but he acknowledged that a wrongful death lawsuit could be a possibility. Douglas said the Attorney General's Office will have to complete its investigation before any decision is made.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence family released a statement through the Douglas-Lehmann law office on Tuesday.
"We feel it is in the best interest of all to hold a private celebration of Wendy's life and a private wake for the surviving members of our family and our personal friends. As Wendy's death was a tragedy and awakened the emotions of even those who did not know her, we feel it is our responsibility to help keep the peace," the statement reads.
"Please only pursue truth and justice with the decency and respect that we know Wendy deserves and would have wanted," the statement reads.
Lawrence's body remains in a morgue, and the family is working on ensuring a proper burial for her, Lehmann said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth