Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Congressman Chuck Douglas' firm representing family of woman shot by state police
"The circumstances are troubling, and it's appropriate for her family to be looking for answers," Lehmann said. He said his firm is interested in seeing any photo, video or audio recordings from the shooting or its aftermath.
The lawyer said it's too early to say what the family will do, but he acknowledged that a wrongful death lawsuit could be a possibility. Douglas said the Attorney General's Office will have to complete its investigation before any decision is made.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence family released a statement through the Douglas-Lehmann law office on Tuesday.
"We feel it is in the best interest of all to hold a private celebration of Wendy's life and a private wake for the surviving members of our family and our personal friends. As Wendy's death was a tragedy and awakened the emotions of even those who did not know her, we feel it is our responsibility to help keep the peace," the statement reads.
"Please only pursue truth and justice with the decency and respect that we know Wendy deserves and would have wanted," the statement reads.
Lawrence's body remains in a morgue, and the family is working on ensuring a proper burial for her, Lehmann said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483