Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Hooksett man tries to minimize felony charge
Prescott is also accused of selling a stolen iPad for $143 at Good Still pawn shop on Kelley Street, having stolen sunglasses in his possession and giving a false name to a police officer in connection with the sunglasses.
Prescott asked Boynton for a lower bail amount, saying he helps his girlfriend with her child, because she works and he doesn’t. He said he can’t afford the requested amount. “It might as well be $100,000,” he said.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Oct. 24 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for Nov. 7.
Bruce Apostolas, 50, could enter no plea Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge that alleges he failed to report a new address by Jan. 7, as required of a sex offender. But Apostolas blamed confusion resulting from the Manchester Police Department’s move from Chestnut Street to new headquarters at 405 Valley St. at the end of 2012.
A police prosecutor requested $1,000 cash/surety bail, saying Apostolas’ most recent convictions were for driving while intoxicated and disobeying a police officer in December 2012, but his criminal history also includes receiving stolen property.
Says kids need her
Tiffanie Ducharme, 21, told Judge Jay Boynton in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division that she needs to be free to take care of her two young children.
Ducharme pleaded innocent to an indecent exposure charge, stemming from an August incident in a parked vehicle, for which she was originally released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
She said she has no one to take care of them. Boynton reinstated the original personal recognizance bail and trial was set for Nov. 5.
Police prosecutors filed a preventive detention motion in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to have Ellen Duffy, 34, of 752 Hevey St., held until a hearing this morning.
Prosecutors allege Duffy, who pleaded innocent Thursday to a simple assault charge that alleges she punched and slapped her boyfriend on the head and shoulders, also threatened to kill herself.
‘Nothing I can say’
Offered an opportunity to comment on the $25,000 cash/surety bail proposed by police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier, Devin Cote, 22, told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Jay Boynton: “There’s nothing I can say.”
Cote is accused of entering two residences on Maynard Street and trespassing on Belgrade Street and Ivywood Lane properties. When Cote was stopped on Ivywood Lane, Pelletier said, several items reported stolen, including a gold watch, were found in the vehicle. Cote’s license had been suspended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483