Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester Crimewatch: Hooksett man tries to minimize felony charge
Prescott is also accused of selling a stolen iPad for $143 at Good Still pawn shop on Kelley Street, having stolen sunglasses in his possession and giving a false name to a police officer in connection with the sunglasses.
Prescott asked Boynton for a lower bail amount, saying he helps his girlfriend with her child, because she works and he doesn’t. He said he can’t afford the requested amount. “It might as well be $100,000,” he said.
A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for Oct. 24 and trial on the misdemeanors was set for Nov. 7.
Bruce Apostolas, 50, could enter no plea Thursday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to a felony charge that alleges he failed to report a new address by Jan. 7, as required of a sex offender. But Apostolas blamed confusion resulting from the Manchester Police Department’s move from Chestnut Street to new headquarters at 405 Valley St. at the end of 2012.
A police prosecutor requested $1,000 cash/surety bail, saying Apostolas’ most recent convictions were for driving while intoxicated and disobeying a police officer in December 2012, but his criminal history also includes receiving stolen property.
Says kids need her
Tiffanie Ducharme, 21, told Judge Jay Boynton in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division that she needs to be free to take care of her two young children.
Ducharme pleaded innocent to an indecent exposure charge, stemming from an August incident in a parked vehicle, for which she was originally released on $500 personal recognizance bail.
She said she has no one to take care of them. Boynton reinstated the original personal recognizance bail and trial was set for Nov. 5.
Police prosecutors filed a preventive detention motion in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division to have Ellen Duffy, 34, of 752 Hevey St., held until a hearing this morning.
Prosecutors allege Duffy, who pleaded innocent Thursday to a simple assault charge that alleges she punched and slapped her boyfriend on the head and shoulders, also threatened to kill herself.
‘Nothing I can say’
Offered an opportunity to comment on the $25,000 cash/surety bail proposed by police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier, Devin Cote, 22, told Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge Jay Boynton: “There’s nothing I can say.”
Cote is accused of entering two residences on Maynard Street and trespassing on Belgrade Street and Ivywood Lane properties. When Cote was stopped on Ivywood Lane, Pelletier said, several items reported stolen, including a gold watch, were found in the vehicle. Cote’s license had been suspended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917