Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Sandown man convicted of carrying out burglaries
Joshua Fowler, 34, listened to a jury return guilty verdicts against him in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
The verdicts rejected testimony by Fowler, who claimed he had no role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
“The circumstantial facts scream that he was there,” Blanchard said. “He’s using his phone to make sure no one is home.”
“He is calling the victims of burglaries,” Blanchard said. “He must be the most unlucky man in the world.”Blanchard said signals from Fowler’s cell phone also placed him near the burglarized homes, and the pawn shops where stolen items were sold. Fowler testified on Wednesday that he was forced to talk to police after being taken into custody at a Lawrence, Mass., pawn shop, and had no role in the break-ins. He told jurors that he sometimes lent the cell phone linked to the burglaries to a friend.
Judge N. William Delker denied that request, saying the jury had enough evidence to decide the case.
Prosecutors offered alternative theories that Fowler either broke into the homes, or acted as an accomplice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917