Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Sandown man convicted of carrying out burglaries
The verdicts rejected testimony by Fowler, who claimed he had no role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
“The circumstantial facts scream that he was there,” Blanchard said. “He’s using his phone to make sure no one is home.”
“He is calling the victims of burglaries,” Blanchard said. “He must be the most unlucky man in the world.”Blanchard said signals from Fowler’s cell phone also placed him near the burglarized homes, and the pawn shops where stolen items were sold. Fowler testified on Wednesday that he was forced to talk to police after being taken into custody at a Lawrence, Mass., pawn shop, and had no role in the break-ins. He told jurors that he sometimes lent the cell phone linked to the burglaries to a friend.
Judge N. William Delker denied that request, saying the jury had enough evidence to decide the case.
Prosecutors offered alternative theories that Fowler either broke into the homes, or acted as an accomplice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth