A year of pain, grief for family of 'Lizzi' Marriott
One year since they believed their daughter, Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19, was on her way to a friend's house from a class at the University of New Hampshire. One year since she was reported missing. And one year since the family discovered she had been murdered.
They did not find Marriott's body — her body has never been found — but on Oct. 13, police announced the arrest of Seth Mazzaglia, 30, of Dover for Marriott's murder. The details that followed were too much for any family to bear, but Bob Marriott, Lizzi's father, did his best to show strength to the many people who came out to show love and support for his family, both at UNH and in the family's hometown of Westborough, Mass.
Mazzaglia is facing numerous charges, including first- and second-degree murder alleging different theories of the crime. Last month, a new indictment was handed up by a Strafford County grand jury alleging a higher level of hindering apprehension and prosecution than previously revealed in court documents.
Following Mazzaglia's arrest, he and McDonough allegedly discussed getting married, motivated in part by a belief that McDonough would not be forced to testify against Mazzaglia.
In April, through their attorney George Thompson, the Marriott family said they are "resolute" in their demand for justice for Lizzi and their defense of her life and legacy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 1
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 66
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 11
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it