A year of pain, grief for family of 'Lizzi' Marriott
One year since they believed their daughter, Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19, was on her way to a friend's house from a class at the University of New Hampshire. One year since she was reported missing. And one year since the family discovered she had been murdered.
They did not find Marriott's body — her body has never been found — but on Oct. 13, police announced the arrest of Seth Mazzaglia, 30, of Dover for Marriott's murder. The details that followed were too much for any family to bear, but Bob Marriott, Lizzi's father, did his best to show strength to the many people who came out to show love and support for his family, both at UNH and in the family's hometown of Westborough, Mass.
Mazzaglia is facing numerous charges, including first- and second-degree murder alleging different theories of the crime. Last month, a new indictment was handed up by a Strafford County grand jury alleging a higher level of hindering apprehension and prosecution than previously revealed in court documents.
Following Mazzaglia's arrest, he and McDonough allegedly discussed getting married, motivated in part by a belief that McDonough would not be forced to testify against Mazzaglia.
In April, through their attorney George Thompson, the Marriott family said they are "resolute" in their demand for justice for Lizzi and their defense of her life and legacy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up