A year of pain, grief for family of 'Lizzi' Marriott
One year since they believed their daughter, Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19, was on her way to a friend's house from a class at the University of New Hampshire. One year since she was reported missing. And one year since the family discovered she had been murdered.
They did not find Marriott's body — her body has never been found — but on Oct. 13, police announced the arrest of Seth Mazzaglia, 30, of Dover for Marriott's murder. The details that followed were too much for any family to bear, but Bob Marriott, Lizzi's father, did his best to show strength to the many people who came out to show love and support for his family, both at UNH and in the family's hometown of Westborough, Mass.
Mazzaglia is facing numerous charges, including first- and second-degree murder alleging different theories of the crime. Last month, a new indictment was handed up by a Strafford County grand jury alleging a higher level of hindering apprehension and prosecution than previously revealed in court documents.
Following Mazzaglia's arrest, he and McDonough allegedly discussed getting married, motivated in part by a belief that McDonough would not be forced to testify against Mazzaglia.
In April, through their attorney George Thompson, the Marriott family said they are "resolute" in their demand for justice for Lizzi and their defense of her life and legacy.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0