No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students, volunteers keep salmon stocking effort afloat - 1
- Brush fire damages small shed in Auburn - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Effingham society program on 'Big Trees of NH' - 0
- Efforts by sailor's family to bring remains home from Pearl Harbor pay off - 1
- Good weather helping effort to clear Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- The Stray Birds to play Peterborough show - 0
- Multiday Monadnock International Film Festival puts lens on greater good - 0
- Death Cab for Cutie schedules road trip to Manchester - 0
- Brad Paisley's 'Perfect Storm' to roll into Lakes Region - 0
The Stray Birds to play Peterborough show
Working and on welfare: NH tops
Why Rubio is probably the GOP's best hope
Increase prosperity, not taxes
Auburn Celtics fan KO'd by punch
GOP hopefuls make their pitch in NH
Rubio: Removing sanctions won't help Cuba
Democrats fire back at group of GOP hopefuls