No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem board declines to support citizen petition on sign ordinance - 0
- Good News Garage offers hope to those in need - 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 1
- Thoughts as we move from one year to another - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released