No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speedway looks to attract more fans as NASCAR stars return to NH - 0
- Next to the fun park, a new seafood spot - 0
- A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams - 0
- Salem senior housing ordinance change proposed - 0
- New Boston students could be given option to attend Goffstown middle school - 0
- New Album 'WORLD ON FIRE' Released Today And Streaming On USA Today, appearances to follow - 0
- Whitefield artist's beadwork is a tribute to her Native American ancestry - 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
A story to bring beer lovers pleasant dreams
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children