Home » News » Public Safety
Two men killed early Tuesday in Hopkinton explosion
HOPKINTON — Two men were killed early Tuesday in an explosion at New Yard Landscaping.
Police Chief Stephen Pecora said the men were found in a detached workshop of the 67 Farrington Corner Road business after the Fire Department responded to the explosion, which was reported about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
“The individuals did not have permission to be on the property,” Pecora said in a release.Pecora did not identify the men, saying family members hadn’t yet been notified as of Tuesday evening.He said the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state police also responded to the explosion and that its cause hasn’t yet been determined.According to the company’s website, it has been in business for 24 years, providing a host of residential and commercial landscaping services that include architectural design, excavation, septic system installation and snow removal.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'