Home » News » Public Safety
Two men killed early Tuesday in Hopkinton explosion
HOPKINTON — Two men were killed early Tuesday in an explosion at New Yard Landscaping.
Police Chief Stephen Pecora said the men were found in a detached workshop of the 67 Farrington Corner Road business after the Fire Department responded to the explosion, which was reported about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
“The individuals did not have permission to be on the property,” Pecora said in a release.Pecora did not identify the men, saying family members hadn’t yet been notified as of Tuesday evening.He said the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state police also responded to the explosion and that its cause hasn’t yet been determined.According to the company’s website, it has been in business for 24 years, providing a host of residential and commercial landscaping services that include architectural design, excavation, septic system installation and snow removal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072