Home » News » Public Safety
Two men killed early Tuesday in Hopkinton explosion
HOPKINTON — Two men were killed early Tuesday in an explosion at New Yard Landscaping.
Police Chief Stephen Pecora said the men were found in a detached workshop of the 67 Farrington Corner Road business after the Fire Department responded to the explosion, which was reported about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
“The individuals did not have permission to be on the property,” Pecora said in a release.Pecora did not identify the men, saying family members hadn’t yet been notified as of Tuesday evening.He said the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state police also responded to the explosion and that its cause hasn’t yet been determined.According to the company’s website, it has been in business for 24 years, providing a host of residential and commercial landscaping services that include architectural design, excavation, septic system installation and snow removal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072