Home » News » Public Safety
Two men killed early Tuesday in Hopkinton explosion
HOPKINTON — Two men were killed early Tuesday in an explosion at New Yard Landscaping.
Police Chief Stephen Pecora said the men were found in a detached workshop of the 67 Farrington Corner Road business after the Fire Department responded to the explosion, which was reported about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
“The individuals did not have permission to be on the property,” Pecora said in a release.Pecora did not identify the men, saying family members hadn’t yet been notified as of Tuesday evening.He said the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state police also responded to the explosion and that its cause hasn’t yet been determined.According to the company’s website, it has been in business for 24 years, providing a host of residential and commercial landscaping services that include architectural design, excavation, septic system installation and snow removal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus