Home » News » Public Safety
Former Workout World building damaged in fire
NASHUA — A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a vacant commercial building on Main Street, and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.A passer-by noticed the fire around 6 a.m. at the former Workout World facility at 300 Main St. When fire crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the building, according to fire officials.Two adjacent businesses were evacuated as a precaution. According to a release from Deputy Fire Chief Karl Gerhard, the fire was contained to the roof of the structure and was quickly brought under control.
He said the facility is currently vacant but was under renovation and had been used to house mechanical equipment until recently.
There are other businesses within the large commercial structure, including the Dollar Tree.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have originated in the roof. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms