Home » News » Public Safety
Former Workout World building damaged in fire
NASHUA — A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a vacant commercial building on Main Street, and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.A passer-by noticed the fire around 6 a.m. at the former Workout World facility at 300 Main St. When fire crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the building, according to fire officials.Two adjacent businesses were evacuated as a precaution. According to a release from Deputy Fire Chief Karl Gerhard, the fire was contained to the roof of the structure and was quickly brought under control.
He said the facility is currently vacant but was under renovation and had been used to house mechanical equipment until recently.
There are other businesses within the large commercial structure, including the Dollar Tree.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have originated in the roof. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 2
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH