Home » News » Public Safety
Former Workout World building damaged in fire
NASHUA — A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a vacant commercial building on Main Street, and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.A passer-by noticed the fire around 6 a.m. at the former Workout World facility at 300 Main St. When fire crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the building, according to fire officials.Two adjacent businesses were evacuated as a precaution. According to a release from Deputy Fire Chief Karl Gerhard, the fire was contained to the roof of the structure and was quickly brought under control.
He said the facility is currently vacant but was under renovation and had been used to house mechanical equipment until recently.
There are other businesses within the large commercial structure, including the Dollar Tree.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have originated in the roof. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police probe Dover official's fatal car crash - 0
- Fundraiser tonight to benefit injured man - 0
- No cause yet in Woodshed restaurant fire - 0
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 4
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072