Home » News » Public Safety
Former Workout World building damaged in fire
NASHUA — A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a vacant commercial building on Main Street, and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.A passer-by noticed the fire around 6 a.m. at the former Workout World facility at 300 Main St. When fire crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the building, according to fire officials.Two adjacent businesses were evacuated as a precaution. According to a release from Deputy Fire Chief Karl Gerhard, the fire was contained to the roof of the structure and was quickly brought under control.
He said the facility is currently vacant but was under renovation and had been used to house mechanical equipment until recently.
There are other businesses within the large commercial structure, including the Dollar Tree.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have originated in the roof. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072