Barrington offers informative look at high schools for parents, students
To assist families, a high school fair and parent information night is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 15, at 6 p.m. at Barrington Middle School.
“For Barrington, we’re doing everything quicker than other years,” Waldron said. The process typically begins in January.
“Everything’s optional,” Waldron said. “We encourage all eighth-graders to participate.”
A week later, on Oct. 22, local eighth-graders can tour Dover High School from 9 to 10 a.m.
Also, student ambassadors from Dover will visit Barrington Middle School in the future to provide more information or to answer any questions.Kim Stephens, dean of students at Dover High, said there are about 150 upperclassmen who serve as student ambassadors and can relate to incoming freshmen by sharing their experiences.
Stephens said Dover High is offering tours to help inform potential students and transfer students from communities, including Barrington, Nottingham and around the city, throughout October.
“The high schools have been very flexible,” Waldron said, adding he’s “already looking at a list a shadow dates starting next week.”Waldron recommends students and parents keep abreast of events, schedules and information posted on the guidance website at https://sites.google.com/site/barringtonguidance/home.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax