ConVal athletic director, assistant step down amid investigation
There is an ongoing investigation related to discrepancies in student activity funds, according to Minnihan. When asked if there was a connection between the resignations and the investigation, Minnihan said he could not comment.
In an email, Minnihan wrote: “Approximately two weeks ago we became aware of discrepancies in student activity funds. There are funds that various student groups raise through fundraising or other activities. Discrepancies in the cash receipts were discovered when bank deposits were made. We launched an investigation and reported the matter to the Peterborough Police Department. Although no conclusive evidence was uncovered, we have determined that proper record-keeping protocols were not followed.
“The amount of money that we’re talking about is somewhere around $1,000,” he said.
Hall and Keeler could not be reached for comment.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383