Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Commissioners, county attorney spar over access to jail probe
The sheriff’s department and county attorney’s office are in the process of a wider audit, delving into years’ worth of payroll records of current and former employees.
Nelson remains free on bail, and faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison if she is convicted.
Nelson’s husband, Keith, has not been charged in the case.
He said that so far the investigation has showed that policies at the jail regarding overtime were not followed.
Indictments say Nelson funneled money from last July until about May 15.
“We are going backwards from there to see when it all went off the rails,” Reams said.
“Unfortunately, what they would do is they would go to any supervisor to sign off (on overtime),” Coyle said. “That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.”
He said that commissioners have since spoken to jail staff to ensure policies about overtime are being followed closely.
“She got caught because of the checks and balances,” Coyle said, referring to Nelson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917