Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Commissioners, county attorney spar over access to jail probe
The sheriff’s department and county attorney’s office are in the process of a wider audit, delving into years’ worth of payroll records of current and former employees.
Nelson remains free on bail, and faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison if she is convicted.
Nelson’s husband, Keith, has not been charged in the case.
He said that so far the investigation has showed that policies at the jail regarding overtime were not followed.
Indictments say Nelson funneled money from last July until about May 15.
“We are going backwards from there to see when it all went off the rails,” Reams said.
“Unfortunately, what they would do is they would go to any supervisor to sign off (on overtime),” Coyle said. “That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.”
He said that commissioners have since spoken to jail staff to ensure policies about overtime are being followed closely.
“She got caught because of the checks and balances,” Coyle said, referring to Nelson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917