NHIAA Roundup: Hopkinton, Bow booters tie in Div. III boys' soccer contest
Hillsboro-Deering 1, Monadnock 1:at Hillsboro, Max Parenteau’s goal was the offensive highlight for the Hillcats, who outshot Monadnock 17-4. Monadnock’s Bryce Blake recorded 16 saves. Hillsboro-Deering’s Brett Bennett made three stops.
Bedford 1, Londonderry 1: Meghan Foley scored in the first half for Bedford and Alexa Bedell, from Shannon Crowley, tallied for Londonderry in the 74th minute. Bedford goalie Brooke Barrett had 13 saves and Londonderry's Merissa Brousseau turned back seven shots. Bedford is 8-1-2 and Londonderry is 6-4-2.
Bedford 1, Keene 1: At Bedford, Keene's Christie Buyer scored with less than two minutes to play in regulation, but each team came up empty in overtime. Kathlyn Rooney scored for Bedford, which moved to 5-5-2. Bedford goalie Paige Noble made 17 saves.
Campbell 3, Epping 1 (25-21, 27-25, 24-26, 25-14): Epping was led by Cassidy Garrow with four aces and 13 digs. Olivia Goodrich added 15 assists and six digs.
Girls’ Cross Country
Souhegan 16, Milford 46: Kate Bermingham ran her fastest race of the season (20:41) for Souhegan. The Sabers captured six of the top seven places including the first four. Hannah Gillis (2nd, 20:49), Miclyn Noorda (3rd, 20:59), and Shannon Earley (4th, 21:42) ran solid times. Brianna Lippitt of Milford raced to 5th place in 21:49, and she was followed by Souhegan’s Emmy Ehrenstein (21:56) and Amy Lambert (22:02).
Souhegan 17, Milford 46: Eli Moskowitz led the way with a 16:48 clocking over the 5K course. He was followed by teammates Patrick Lynch (16:59) and Brett Quinn (17:07). Milford’s top finisher, Jacob Drescher placed fourth in 17:15. Souhegan was also led by Ben Platt (5th, 17:36), Ben Massa (6th, 17:45), Logan Landrum (7th, 17:48) and Mike Casey (8th, 17:59).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 38
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 4
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained