Home » News » Public Safety
Alcohol not a factor in fatal Raymond crash
RAYMOND — Police have determined that a young driver killed in a car accident Saturday was not under the influence of alcohol.
Alcohol was found in 18-year-old Leeann Bergeron’s Ford Explorer, but police said they are confident Bergeron was not under the influence.
Police responded to the rollover crash on Route 27 near the Riverbend Condominiums around 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
The car crashed into a guardrail after crossing the center line, and three of the four occupants were ejected. The one person who remained inside the car was the only one wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond, was treated and released at Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond, was transported to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
Bergeron succumbed to her injuries after she was taken to the hospital. Police said a third occupant, identified as Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, fled the scene before police and fire crews arrived.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents
License revocations for DWI announced