Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man ejected in Jaffrey crash
JAFFREY – A Peterborough man suffered a major head injury after being ejected from a vehicle on Route 202 Tuesday morning.
Christopher D. Drayton, 21, of Pine Street, Peterborough, was taken by helicopter to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
His current condition is unknown, police said in a press release Tuesday afternoon.
Police and firefighters went to Route 202 in the area of the bridge by D.D. Beans at 8:26 a.m. Tuesday morning for a report of a multi-vehicle crash and a person lying injured in the road.
Drayton was found lying in the road with what appeared to be a major head injury, police said.
Drayton was driving a 1999 Subaru Forester north on Route 202 when “for reasons yet to be determined,” police said, the Subaru “failed to follow the roadway as it curved to the west, instead traveling straight and into the guardrail on the east side of the road.”
Witnesses reported the Subaru then veered sharply back onto the roadway, crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic, striking a 2006 Ford F450 pickup driven by Jeffrey C. Bennett, 51, of Winchendon, Mass., causing the Subaru to spin around 180 degrees. It came to a rest against the guardrail facing south on the east side of the road.
“Witnesses report that Drayton was ejected from the vehicle after hitting the truck, landing in the middle of the northbound lane,” police said.
Bennett said he was uninjured but was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough to be checked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072