Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man ejected in Jaffrey crash
JAFFREY – A Peterborough man suffered a major head injury after being ejected from a vehicle on Route 202 Tuesday morning.
Christopher D. Drayton, 21, of Pine Street, Peterborough, was taken by helicopter to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
His current condition is unknown, police said in a press release Tuesday afternoon.
Police and firefighters went to Route 202 in the area of the bridge by D.D. Beans at 8:26 a.m. Tuesday morning for a report of a multi-vehicle crash and a person lying injured in the road.
Drayton was found lying in the road with what appeared to be a major head injury, police said.
Drayton was driving a 1999 Subaru Forester north on Route 202 when “for reasons yet to be determined,” police said, the Subaru “failed to follow the roadway as it curved to the west, instead traveling straight and into the guardrail on the east side of the road.”
Witnesses reported the Subaru then veered sharply back onto the roadway, crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic, striking a 2006 Ford F450 pickup driven by Jeffrey C. Bennett, 51, of Winchendon, Mass., causing the Subaru to spin around 180 degrees. It came to a rest against the guardrail facing south on the east side of the road.
“Witnesses report that Drayton was ejected from the vehicle after hitting the truck, landing in the middle of the northbound lane,” police said.
Bennett said he was uninjured but was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough to be checked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072