Timberlane superintendent apologizes for lunch policy mistake that prevented food purchase on credit
The Timberlane Regional School District policy states that high school students can charge a la carte items at the cafeteria as long as they have less than $20 of debt.
"I've spoke to (superintendent Earl) Metzler four times this year about my daughter being denied something when the policy states that it goes to negative $20," said Kimberly Budreau. "She has never been at negative $20; she has been at zero, negative 10 cents and negative $1.10. And she happens to be a type I diabetic, but whether she was or not, I'd be frustrated about the policies you choose to adhere to and the ones you do not."
"We looked at the a la carte items at the high school, and students are able to charge up to $20," said Metzler.
Metzler apologized for the incident and said he would remain on top of making sure the high school follows the policy.
Metzler said he spoke to the food services department at the high school last year and told them that Budreau's daughter is diabetic should not be denied juice or water no matter what her balance is.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you