Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Colebrook police chief describes scene he found after gunpowder plant blew up
"I felt, kind of, the building shake, and then two loud reports. I looked west on Bridge Street, and there was a large cloud of black smoke." Cass said as he arrived moments later at the intersection of Bridge and Gould, firefighters and other emergency personnel started arriving on the run.
Cass said an acrid, orange smoke came from the rubble, irritating his eyes and nose. A man he saw at the scene "appeared to be somewhat in shock." Sheet metal that had once been the building's siding had been blasted away and some of the sideing was in nearby trees when Cass arrived.
Someone, he said, asked him if he could enter the building to "identify persons."
Inside laying on the floor the chief found the body of a 49-year-old Stratford man whom he had known well.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483